I know this is a sore subject to begin with, and is probaby on the
"forbidden topics for Mondays" list (or should be), but I'm afraid I
have to do it anyway.

The issue is that a server/application monitoring program I've written
in Lua has become very useful (that's the good news), which now
necessitates deploying it to a bunch (about 75) of our customer's
Windows servers (that's the bad news). The program requires lfs,
socket, sigar, and bit. To my knowledge, sigar only works with Lua 5.1.

To have a completely standalone application within a single directory,
this is what I've gotten down to:

<MonitorDir>:
lua.exe
lua51.dll
bit.dll
lfs.dll
liblua.dll
sigar.dll
libsigar.dll
socket.lua
mime.lua
Monitor.lua

socket - a directory containing:
core.dll

mime - a directory containing:
core.dll

With the above configuration, I can use Windows Task Manager to run
the monitor program and it works just fine.

Ideally, I'd like to run it with LuaJIT, but for now, I'd be thrilled
to just get the above into a single windows exe that could be packed
with UPX/zipped/etc.

My objective is to decrease the number of files necessary to deploy
and also to keep folks from mucking about with the code and screwing
up something, so compressing/obfuscating/something along those lines
would be necessary.

Is there currently a "best way" to do this?

Mark