On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 18:15:48 -0500
Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:

> It was thus said that the Great Timm S. Mueller once stated:
> >
> > I shouldn't have written that "Lua would be fine", because I am more
> > after a dumper written in C. Any candidates? Maybe I will simply pick a
> > Lua one and transfer it to C. And I'm still taking MsgPack and JSON
> > format into consideration, too, despite some limitations.
>
>   Any reason why C over Lua?  The performance shouldn't be that different
> between the two.

For two reasons, performance, and the possibility to include it into a
bigger C library. I'm in the process of writing said C library (yet
another take on preemptive multitasking), and I'm still undecided if
there should be built-in support for serialization of messages (and
possibly arguments and return values), or if it should be left to the
user's discretion what is carried in strings, and how. If I started
looking into such a library as a user, I think I would appreciate
included support.

- Timm

--
Timm S. Mueller <tmueller@schulze-mueller.de>
Schulze & Mueller GbR, Jungstr. 2, 10247 Berlin,