Hi,

before I'm starting to write my own, I'm looking for a serialization
and deserialization library. Requirements:

- must cover Lua 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and LuaJIT
- in the MIT/BSD/CC/PD license department
- must cover cyclic references and binary data
- preferrably written in C for performance, Lua would be fine also
- should only use official Lua APIs, no outside dependencies, no state
internals
- The transport format should be legal Lua, but this isn't strictly a
requirement and may be sacrificed if the result can be transported,
preferrably also between different architectures and Lua versions. I'm
not objecting to using JSON format either.

Not required: Userdata, metatables, functions and upvalues. A small
footprint and the ability to operate on a writer/readers would be nice.
Any ideas, recommendations?

--
Timm S. Mueller <tmueller@schulze-mueller.de>
Schulze & Mueller GbR, Jungstr. 2, 10247 Berlin,