On Sun, 4 Jan 2015 09:09:26 +0100
"szbnwer@gmail.com" <szbnwer@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> i installed lua5.1 via synaptic, compiled tekui1.10 source, installed it,
> and they are working together (required tek.ui without error and ran the
> demo successfully)
>
> when i try to make it alive from the 5.3 , it says it cant find the
> tek.lib.debug , when i already made it to find the tek.ui . this isnt
> surprising because the standard making process gave me warnings about the
> debug, but its the same stuff, which was already work once with the 5.1,
> with the same warnings

the tekUI mailing list may be a more appropriate place for this:
I cross-posted the reply there, please consider joining.

Possible reasons:

- When building Lua 5.3, LUA_COMPAT_MODULE was missing. See CFLAGS
in lua/src/Makefile

- You did not adjust the LUAVER variable in tekUI's config file (or
specified it in the command line when installing). In so far the
documentation is misleading, not everything compiles and runs "out of
the box", you still have to adjust the Lua version for versions >5.1:

$ sudo make LUAVER=5.3 install

Also, you might want to make sure that PREFIX, LUA_LIB and LUA_SHARE in
the config file are adjusted correctly to reflect Lua's installation
paths in your system (should be the case if Lua was built by hand, and
I assume/hope that Lua 5.3 did not make it into Ubuntu packages yet).

> heres a snippet from the make:
> gcc -fpic  -DTDEBUG=5  -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter
> -Wno-unused-function -Wno-long-long -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -I. -Iinclude
> -I../../include    -o build/posix/debug.lo -c debug.c
> In file included from ../../include/tek/config.h:17:0,
>                  from ../../include/tek/type.h:11,
>                  from ../../include/tek/exec.h:11,
>                  from ../../include/tek/teklib.h:11,
>                  from debug.c:14:
> debug.c: In function ‘TDebugFatal’:
> ../../include/tek/config/posix.h:67:41: warning: right-hand operand of
> comma expression has no effect [-Wunused-value]

> [..]
> im not an expert c or lua programmer, i just saw a lotsa tutors and
> sources, so i understand a lot but dont know what can i do with it, but
> google gave me this, if u can do anything with it:
> http://devel.neoscientists.org/pipermail/teklib-general/2007-May.txt
> -#define TDEBUG_PLATFORM_FATAL() (*(int *) 0 = 0)
> +#define TDEBUG_PLATFORM_FATAL() (abort(), 0)

- The warnings look harmless and unrelated to me, just annoying. Which
compiler version were you using? For getting rid of the warnings you
may try

$ make CFLAGS=-Wno-unused-value all

> i also changed a the paths for isolate my work (ive tried the things i
> mentioned also without destroying the harmony of the original packages), if
> u have wise words for the future, about what i have to know before i decide
> things, like destroying the structures, i would be happy to hear them also
>
> if it helps anything i installed almost everything that seemed usable that
> ive found in synaptic for lua, maybe it can be the key, and i use an ubuntu
> with the newest everyting i could find out there
>
> thank you for every help, all the bests for u all!
> - Thomas

I would be interested if the above helped you with the issue. I do not
have Ubuntu Linux handy, and especially not a brand new version.

- Timm

--
Timm S. Mueller <tmueller@schulze-mueller.de>
Schulze & Mueller GbR, Jungstr. 2, 10247 Berlin,