On Dec 11, 2014, at 4:46 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> Lua 5.3.0 (rc0) is now available for testing at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.3.0-rc0.tar.gz
>
> MD5	4692ad494c1d597888c03c5d6f278c40  -
> SHA1	5da073fe552a9f2e2da57be3cec32378a4c902e0  -
>
> This is the first release candidate for the final release of Lua 5.3.0.
>
> A few things have changed since beta that we'd like to test in the wild,
> hence rc0 instead of rc1. In particular, we made some changes in luaconf.h
> and in the Makefile that we'd like to test. Please try compiling the
> current code in as many platforms as possible. We expect the compilation to
> go smoothly as usual but please report any warnings or other glitches.
>
> The main change in Lua 5.3.0 is the introduction of integers. See also
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/doc/#changes
>
> The complete diffs are available at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/diffs-lua-5.3.0-beta-rc0.txt
>
> An updated test suite is available at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.3.0-tests.tar.gz
>
> All feedback welcome. Thanks.
> --lhf

I've been meaning to post this patch for consideration for several years.  It is
non-intrusive, with no impact on other architectures, simply adding support for

While HPUX 11.31 has finally introduced dlopen() support, those calls are not
available to production machines with older releases of the OS installed, and in
any case, the official APIs are still the usual way to open library objects even
on 11.31 where the dlopen() compatibility wrappers are provided.

In case the patch does not make it in to the official release, at least this post
makes it available in the list archives for other HPUX users to discover.

Cheers,
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT vaughan DOT pe)