> I've been meaning to post this patch for consideration for several years.

Talk about the speed of Lua releases... :-)

> adding support for loading of dynamic libraries on IA64 and HPPA HPUX 11.00 and newer.

My loadlib library for Lua 4.0 released in 2002 already contained a port of
dlopen and friends which seems similar to yours:
	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#loadlib
However, I doubt it has been widely tested, so thanks for this.
People searching for this in the lua-l archives will be glad to find your post.