On 31/10/2014 20:41, Jorge wrote:
> Once upon a time Visual Basic for Applications in Microsoft Office
> applications were localized. So, a macro for your spanish Excel had to
> be written in spanish, as in your examples ("si... entonces...").
> Aaaaaaand error messages were so horribly worded and
> other-guy-in-internet-with-the-same-problem impaired as to be useless.

You were faster than me! :-)

I was just thinking of the same issue, but I wasn't sure I remembered
correctly (I stopped using MS office in favor of Open/LibreOffice almost
a decade ago!), but I seem to remember the same issue for
plain spreadsheet's function names.

Were the function names used to be saved in the file itself? IIRC
sometimes I've received an Excel file with all the function names borked
(not sure of the cause, but I don't think it was a simple locale setting
issue on
my machine).

> It was Hell.

Yep!