I'm taking LuaExpat as an example.

If you only require 'lxp', you get
> lxp._COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2012 Kepler Project

If you require 'lom', you get
> io.open(debug.getinfo(lom.parse).short_src):read()
-- See Copyright Notice in license.html

Now, `license.html` is just the same license as Lua,
with Kepler Project instead of Lua.org, PUC-Rio, but
the luaexpat rock does not install it.

If I now write a program that contains a modified version
of lom.lua under another name, must I be more righteous
than the luaexpat rock? I.e., do I need to include a complete
copy of that license somewhere? Or is the fact that my
program does have lxp._COPYRIGHT good enough?