Quoth Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo:

> I don't think srlua is great hackery...
>         http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#srlua

Thanks for sharing this program. It looks incredibly useful.

You're right, it does not look hacky at all. Although, I don't fully
understand how the load() function works in srlua.c, namely how it is
able to locate the end of the executable data and the beginning of the
Lua code, because I am not familiar with the structure of Unix
executables.

If it is indeed robust, I may begin using it in more projects. It's
very convenient to use self-contained executables with no
dependencies.

-Steven