Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 7:20 PM
To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: Is there an #include equivalent in Lua (I do not mean require)

Quoth Tony Papadimitriou:

How can one #include a bunch of files so that when compiled, a single
self-contained executable is produced.

Lua files are not self-contained executables. And there is no way to
produce one without great hackery (that I know of). So, even if you do
concatenate all Lua files into a single source file, if must still be
executed by a Lua interpreter on the target user's machine.

-Steven