On 07/22/2014 12:48 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
one more proof that any problem is solvable by another abstraction layer.  :-)

Yeah, specially proud of that. Use DNS to resolve an address, then use an application layer protocol over a transport protocol to post your address there, so you can later check it (doing everything again) and connect back. I'm thinking on how to draw this into Networking course exam, just to hear students heads explode. Now that I think of it, I have a colleague that used to send IP packets trough a chat. Hmmm...

And don't forget the political angle: what chances there are a US judge will take away twitter.com name and give it to Microsoft [1]?

Jorge

[1] https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/07/microsoft-and-noip-what-were-they-thinking