Although my very short experience with Lua must be counted in days, not years, I have already (negatively) come across points (1), (2) and (4) and i second the OPs opinion on them completely.

Otherwise put:
I cannot tell if Lua is simple to pick up for a non-programmer, but i can confirm it's cumbersome to pick up for an experienced programmer of the C family of languages. Is this intended?

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Michel Martens <soveran@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

On 9 July 2014 09:44, David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com> wrote:
> Roberto, Luiz thanks very much for your work, Lua is a great language, but
> probably not for me.

As I read the message, all the points stated as downsides are aspects
that I really like about Lua. In the end I think it's correct to sum
it up as a matter of taste ("...probably not for me").