In my personal opinion, writing Lua modules too close C level --- is
just like handycapping Lua developers who are going to use Your
module(s). If developer wanted as low as C level --- he/she would have
chosen C instead of Lua. So, basically, Lua tools, ideas and paradigms
for writing Lua modules. C tools, ideas and paradigms for writing C
modules.