On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:03 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> To stick to the original API is missing an opportunity to make that
> API better and more accessible to others. It's a common strategy to do
> a minimal binding (or use FFI) and then build something more elegant
> on top of that.

The context of the discussion IS said minimal binding to build on top of.

I will point out that such syntactic points as multiple return values
and error handling are also the kinds of changes I'd do; I'd
overlooked those in my discussion because usually I'm working with
stuff that's already object-oriented instead of idiomatic C and
therefore those considerations aren't nearly as necessary.

/s/ Adam