> > (I do not know how debug information can consume so much space! Probably
> > this is worth some thought...)
> >
> > -- Roberto
>
> I don't think you should worry too much about the binary size with debugging information, Roberto. Debug builds are just that, builds for debugging not for production.
>
> [...]

I am sorry for the noise. My tests were not providing a name for the
source, so the debug information was keeping the entire source as
its name. (But I guess this is a kind of bug in the dump format: all
prototypes must have the same source, yet we store that source once
for each prototype; that is what made the binary so big.)

-- Roberto