On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Paige DePol <lual@serfnet.org> wrote:
> In my experience Debug builds have always been bulkier than Release builds, but that is the trade-off for having useful debug information available when developing code! :)

Totally!  And if space is not an issue, I certainly appreciate getting
a sensible stack trace when a server falls over - especially if it's a
once-in-a-blue-moon problem.

For embedded devices, those fewer bytes/faster load will often be
important.  (Personally I prefer not writing programs that have to fit
in matchboxes, but matchboxes have to be programmed and it's a noble
profession.)