On Sun, Jun 8, 2014, at 08:06 AM, Antonio Scuri wrote:
> > 1. Is it necessary to require recent versions of libc?
>   The libc association is done by the compiler in link time. I don't have
> control over that.

Who decides the build environment?  Version 3.10.1 of IUP requires glibc
3.14, probably because of the memcpy issue, so it is probably not
necessary. Distributed binaries are usually linked to older versions
(e.g. glibc 2.2) so they will be compatible with more systems. As it is,
the current version can't run on many systems.

                          wherever you are