> <all in good taste> I don't understand the point of bringing in terms
> like bikeshedding, or attributing ideas to other languages to avoid
> their consideration, or exaggerating proposals to extremes we all
> don't agree with, or using subject headers that imply unintended
> meanings, or having the same people consistently discourage discussion
> because they have the experience and pseudo-authority to tell you what
> you "should be doing instead".  </all in good taste>

Personally I allow each person one post without doing that.
Or should I say each persona, to cater for reincarnations?

Not necessarily one post per thread, though. Guy that was
on the list a year or two ago, surname the same as Hitler's
name for Germany, tended to attract pretty universal knee-jerk
disapproval after a few tries.

I get annoyed when the OP keeps petitioning for the umpteenth
time despite rather general lack of support. The OP has the priceless
privilege of starting a thread, and should do it well enough to be able
to sit back and enjoy what others say.

Oh, and those pathetic posts you sometimes see a few days after,
when nobody has responded and the OP complains in the same
thread. That's a good time to rephrase the argument (clearly it was
not catchy enough the first time round) and repost the idea under
a different subject as if the earlier post never existed.