On 05/22/2014 12:41 PM, luciano de souza wrote:
I will try. The problem is not exactly the instalation commands are
complicated. The problem is that I want to use Lua to develop some
routines of accessibility. In other words, for that people, blind
user, who does not knows the terminal, who is acquainted to Windows
and starts on the Linux world, to whom terminal commands is a reason
to not migrate to Linux, for that people completely resistent to use
terminal is that I want to create some dialogs I want to install
luarocks.

I didn't realize that pre-compiled packages were crucial for those people
to use the software.

when Luarocks was automatically installed in a deb package, the user
could not be  informed about the fact. I will try the automatize all
the steps: downloadin, decompressing and instalation, but I hav never
done it. If I am not successful, it's really inviable for me. I can
use terminal commands, but I can suppose other blind users will do the
same. All steps need to be automatized.

Well, let me try.

I recommend you to look into some non-official or third-party repositories
or build services to see whether it has pre-built packages already.

I don't have any experiences on Ubuntu distribution, but I suppose there
do exist such services, similar to the openSUSE Build Service or the
packman repository (I used both of which), right?

BTW, I now wonder if Hisham would provide binary packages for major
Linux distributions, on the official luarocks website.
anylway, luarocks don't need to be really _compiled_, but configured.