Am 21.05.2014 10:16, schrieb Thijs Schreijer:

-----Original Message-----
From: lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org [mailto:lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org] On
Behalf Of Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
Sent: dinsdag 20 mei 2014 13:53
To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: Makefile vs LUA_PATH inconsistency

It seems that plain MinGW doesn't have `rm` or `install` executables
(or a `mkdir` that understands `-p`), so you really have to work hard
to make the install target work for MinGW ...

We haven't got any complaints about this but perhaps we should just
remove the mingw target and avoid noise?

So.... there was some opposition to remove the MinGW target. But what if a separate makefile for MinGW was included (in /etc for example, similar to the /etc/luavs.bat file for Visual Studio)?

It would allow a specific makefile, working on more Windows configurations (eg. No 'cp', or 'rm', but their plain Windows equivalents) without polluting the generic makefile.

Thijs

Why not? :) As long as it works and is easier to maintain, its ok.

Ulrich.