So.... there was some opposition to remove the MinGW target. But what if a separate makefile for MinGW was included (in /etc for example, similar to the /etc/luavs.bat file for Visual Studio)?

It would allow a specific makefile, working on more Windows configurations (eg. No 'cp', or 'rm', but their plain Windows equivalents) without polluting the generic makefile.

Thijs