Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>> It seems that plain MinGW doesn't have `rm` or `install` executables
>> (or a `mkdir` that understands `-p`), so you really have to work hard
>> to make the install target work for MinGW ...
>
> We haven't got any complaints about this but perhaps we should just
> remove the mingw target and avoid noise?

Please don't. I have used the mingw target, although it never crossed my
mind to use "make install" on MinGW. To me "make install" is for
Unix-like systems.

If I have understood this discussion correctly, I believe the problem is
not that the Makefile is not working, but that different Lua
installations do not share a common (absolute) module location on
Windows. To do that correctly the path would need to include environment
variables.

Personally I have never missed this and always had my modules relative
to the Lua executable, but I have to admit that I download and install
LuaRocks packages manually instead of using LuaRocks on Windows.

Best regards,

David Kolf