On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 08:27:43AM -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> > I believe the reason why the Lua team doesn't want to "fix" the default
> > Makefile is because it's already a hassle just to maintain the existing
> > rules.
>
> Althuough this is not the reason for not supporting shared libraries,
> it is a hassle to maintain the existing Makefile rules.
>
> The supported platforms are:
>    aix ansi bsd freebsd generic linux macosx mingw posix solaris
>
> Of those, we don't have ready access to these:
> 	aix bsd freebsd solaris
> and so the corresponding Makefile rules may not be up to date or optimal.

I run VMs for FreeBSD (9 & 10), NetBSD (5.2 & 6), OpenBSD (latest), Linux
(Ubuntu, Fedora), and Solaris. I'm in the procees of moving them from my
desktop to a dedicated server. I've already moved over FreeBSD 10. I'd be
happy to provide accounts.

Note that I've been unable to install Solaris on KVM (the network won't
work), so if anybody could give me pointers that would be awesome. In the
meantime I'm stuck with running it in VMWare on my desktop, but VMWare keeps
randomly stealing my keyboard inputs, so I can't keep it running all the
time.

I'd love to run AIX for testing, but I don't have the space or power budget
for a POWER box.