On May 5, 2014 8:09 AM, "Dirk Laurie" <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am very interested in ideas and other patches of Lua that will _never_
> > make it into vanilla Lua. If there is a good idea about a potential patch of
> > Lua and I could use it for my own version, I like to know it, and I would
> > search for this ideas right here in this list.
>
> A better place than the list is <http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaPowerPatches>.

And as a reminder, Metalua and LuaMacro make experimenting with syntax cheaper than patching C code.

I'm probably more on the side of the list criminals than the list police, but it's a lot more fun to talk about syntax changes when they're in running code.

Which reminds me, I know the $"" syntax works and works well, but I never got around to implementing "static" for initialization hoisting :-(