On 5/3/2014 11:31 AM, Tim Hill wrote:

On May 3, 2014, at 2:38 AM, Thomas Jericke <tjericke@indel.ch> wrote:

local limtied = max(min(input, 1000), 100))
->
local limtied = input : min(1000) : max(100)

Well, I for one would consider that a Con argument, not a Pro. I think most developers regardless of background could read the first example easily. The second would involve considerably more thought. So why is the second form better?

—Tim

Tim, Tim,

You just don't get it--Thomas is trying to turn Lua into Smalltalk, I've tried to turn Lua into Ruby (mostly off list, missed so many opportunities to pester the list!), other individuals have tried to turn Lua into Python, Lisp, Haskell, etc. I may have overlooked some examples.
Maybe we should let Lua be Lua for a little while? Nah, where's the fun in that?!

By the way, in case my sarcasm is unclear, I agree totally with Tim's point.

-- Mike