Hi,

On 30 April 2014 18:22, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
> It was thus said that the Great Igor Trevisan once stated:

thanks for the "Great" :)

> have (I'm assuming Lua 5.2):

yes, I'm working with Lua 5.2

> [...]  file_x.lua needs to know where file_y.lua
> resides, and there are multiple ways of having file_x.lua load the file.
[...]

> or
>
>         require "file_y.lua"
[...]
depends upon how the environment
> variable LUA_PATH is set, and the internal value package.path.

This was my case and PATH was one of my problems.

At the end I got it working. As I said, it was a matter of setting
the right package.path value and doing things in the righ order.

I noticed (among other) that loading lua files in different order matters!

Well... Thanks everybody in this thread for
the preciuos help you all have given me!
You all taught me something!
I.

--
"Don't find fault, find a remedy" (H.Ford)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us