Am 04.05.2014 00:09 schröbte Coroutines:
On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Philipp Janda <siffiejoe@gmx.net> wrote:

At that time it felt like what I wanted to accomplish wasn't a valid
solution,

And it wasn't at that time. The ability to use arbitrary uservalue values will (most likely) come with Lua 5.3.

as it could be accomplished "these other ways..." which was
pretty discouraging.

Some (most?) people who propose a change to Lua have an actual problem they would like solved, and a new feature can only solve it in future Lua versions (if accepted at all), so suggestions how one can tackle the problem in current Lua versions might be appreciated.

  And I'm still right that you should avoid
segfaulting in libraries :P  I always typo setuservalue()*....

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was the list members.  I flipped a coin.

Philipp