On 29/04/2014 03:33, Roberto Waltman wrote:

>>       There is a language out there (I want to say one of the Algols,
>>     but it's
>>     rather hard to search for this example) that allows you do to:
>>
>>             if if == if then then = then else else = else
>>
>>     or how about:
>>
>>             if then = else then else = then else else = if
>>

> PL/I, maybe others. An attempt to keep your sanity is here:
> http://pliedit.com/

Of course, in order to to help color blind people, there would also be a
screen reader plugin which would read keywords with a different
intonation (we are in the era of multimedia, after all...).

And what about having different semantics according to the specific
/font variant/ used to write code? Surely MS comic sans would fit well
for comments and Liberation mono would be perfect for string literals.

Oh, happy new world ... :o) ;-) :-D

> This example should be enough to kill any proposal making keywords
> "reusable".
>
> --
> Roberto Waltman

-- Lorenzo