On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. But it's a pity it does not have my favourite feature from
>    Python/Ruby/Javascript/... I'll propose an addition to Lua.

I'd make the argument that Lua caters to zealots, actually.  We love
its minimalism, but people here are usually anti-anything --
especially when it can be attributed to another language.

I know my proposals are often "radical", but I still feel like few are
critically considered at all.  lua-l is a community of anti-featurism;
at times I feel like it hinders Lua's growth.