> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:29 PM, Petite Abeille
> <petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Prepare Now For Possible Future Head Transplant
>> http://database-programmer.blogspot.com/2010/11/prepare-now-for-possible-future-head.html
>
> Hah, recommended read!  Basically, the love of abstraction leads to
> unnecessary effort. Since it's about relational databases, he says
> "Table-based datastores are optimally abstract ".

I like his informal formulation: "People Understand Tables Just Fine"

BTW the OP's website singles out Penlight, twice, as an example of what
he does not like, but the author of Penlight has not taken the bait.

Personally, I see Penlight as a module for those among the Chosen
who are hankering after the fleshpots of Python. It serves very well
for that purpose.