Am 14.04.2014 19:36 schröbte Christian Thaeter:

What makes me puzzled for some time is how to package standalone
programs (which may have some associated modules, some
configuration files and possibly some other resources).

Its prolly doable with Rocks, but I haven't seen anyone using rocks for
this purpose. Are there any other installation/deployment schemes
common for lua programs?

For deploying Lua programs (on Windows) you usually have to include the host program (or the Lua interpreter). If you don't want a full-blown installer, I believe srlua[1] is popular (you may want to combine it with some form of amalgamation, but I think you can `require` external modules relative to the executable path on Windows), and I have successfully used eee[2] on Windows XP before (not long ago I got it to compile on a recent fpc on Win 7 with minor modifications, but I haven't actually tested it yet -- it's on my todo list).

	greetings
		Christian

Philipp

  [1]: https://github.com/stevedonovan/luabuild/tree/master/srlua