On 11.04.2014 06:01, Dirk Laurie wrote:

Searching the reference manual I find it defined in
that one place

  Section 2.4, function gettable_event (table, key)

I suggest to remove the parens around the return (h(...))
in the reference manual and stop dropping values returned
from the handler.

We've got that by now. You have said it at least three times
but it feels like ten.

Sorry for being repetitive, but making a suggestion for a language
change I'm rather precise. Thanks for all your help with that.

What you seem not to have got is that once it was demonstrated
that the current behaviour is not an implementation detail but
actually documented, the proposal becomes purely academic.

It is intended this way. (For 10 minutes I was hoping it was
an implementation detail but was quickly corrected, thanks!)

I'll leave that here. Suggestion made.
Thanks for your help with making it more precise. See above.