On Saturday, March 15, 2014, Tim Hill <drtimhill@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mar 14, 2014, at 11:33 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

a mixture of C and Lua is where perfection lies

+1

+100 lol

I always explain it to my guys as “C is the muscle, Lua is the brain”. We try to keep compute intensive code in C and decision-making logic in Lua. The trick of course is keeping the interface between the two as clean as possible.

—Tim

Yes! This is my current "passion" and the process has been really revealing, so far at least.

Nothing wrong with C++. Creating application-level abstractions is too expensive for us. Lua is much more productive and the trend so far has been almost 100% "more Lua."

-Andrew