Just curious: what does Howl bring to the table over Textadept?

On 15 March 2014 18:23, Nils Nordman <nino@nordman.org> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> After cloning the repository, I visited howl.io as directed (actually
> all that one needs from there is the list of dependencies and
> the instruction `cd src; make`; would it bloat the README
> terribly to put that in there?)

It would not. I'll add it in there, thanks for the suggestion!

> The package built successfully on Ubuntu 12.04, with updates
> up to about November 2013 installed. But the executable would
> not run.

Yes, there was a problem with older Gtk versions, as reported here:

https://github.com/nilnor/howl/issues/4

It's fixed now, and a new release is up. Since you cloned the repo, just
pull the latest and make again and you should be good to go.

Thanks,

--
Nils Nordman <nino@nordman.org>

--
"Perhaps people don't believe this, but throughout all of the discussions of entering China our focus has really been what's best for the Chinese people. It's not been about our revenue or profit or whatnot."