Hi,

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> After cloning the repository, I visited howl.io as directed (actually
> all that one needs from there is the list of dependencies and
> the instruction `cd src; make`; would it bloat the README
> terribly to put that in there?)

It would not. I'll add it in there, thanks for the suggestion!

> The package built successfully on Ubuntu 12.04, with updates
> up to about November 2013 installed. But the executable would
> not run.

Yes, there was a problem with older Gtk versions, as reported here:

https://github.com/nilnor/howl/issues/4

It's fixed now, and a new release is up. Since you cloned the repo, just
pull the latest and make again and you should be good to go.

Thanks,

--
Nils Nordman <nino@nordman.org>