> Does anyone know of some Lua interpreter environment supporting automatic
> persistence of full global environment? (i.e. hacking in interpreter, then
> auto-save on exit, and probably on timed basis too, then load the whole
> environment from disk and continue hacking as if nothing happened).

I tried this once, using LPSM, a persistent memory library. See
	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#lper

It did not work well with userdata though it did work with C functions,
at least in those times of fixed loading address. I guess this no longer
holds.

Also, it was before Lua 5.2, which now contains hash randomization that
changes memory layout across invocations. So, I guess nothing like LPSM
will work. But I'd love to be proven wrong on this.