Hi,
        I would like to launch multiple lua scripts, communicate with them and pause or terminate them from within lua. Also I would want this to be platform independent as much as possible.
        I looked at multithreading libraries here. All need some OS support so I am not sure if it will work even in systems like Android.
        Then I looked at lua debugging. I think it should be possible to create a task switcher using the debug library. So a couple of steps are executed for a script and then for the next. This method then should be totally in Lua and work wherever Lua does. What are the disadvantages? Would there be a serious hit on performance?
         What other possible ways could be there to do this?

Thanks,
Milind