Hi Hisham, Dirk,

On Jan 16, 2014, at 10:06 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2014/1/16 Gary Vaughan <gary@vaughan.pe>:
>
>> I am happy to announce release 36 of stdlib.
>
> I have tried this under Lua 5.2.3.
>
> - `std=require"std"` does not return a table containing std.set etc
>   which is assigned to a variable `std` but gives the error message
> /usr/local/share/lua/5.2/std/debug.lua:6: module 'std.debug_init' not found:

The problem here is that the rockspec says:

build = {
  modules = {
    ["std.debug_init"] = "lib/std/debug_init.lua",
  },
}

Which I expected to copy the distributed lib/std/debug_init.lua to $prefix/share/lua/5.1/std/debug_init.lua.  But actually it puts it copies it to $prefix/share/lua/5.1/std/debug_init/debug_init.lua!

I'll make a new release with the following ugly workaround that maintains backwards compatibility:

  ["std.debug_init"] = "lib/std/debug_init/init.lua",

I'm not sure how this snuck through my Travis Continuous Integration, but if I can figure it out, I'll change the configuration to notice such things in future.

Cheers,
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT vaughan DOT pe)