2014/1/16 Hisham <h@hisham.hm>:
> On 15 January 2014 20:10, Gary Vaughan <gary@vaughan.pe> wrote:
>>  - Can now be installed directly from a release tarball by `luarocks`.
>>    No need to run `./configure` or `make`, unless you want to install to
>>    a custom location, or do not use LuaRocks.
>
> That's appreciated! It now installs much quicker. As of now, stdlib 36
> is now available through LuaRocks. Thanks!

I typed in:

    luarocks install stdlib

It installed stdlib 36-1 and removed stdlib 34.1-1. Then

   luarocks doc stdlib

and in my browser the landing page of the documentation
generated by LDoc 1.4.0 popped up. One suggestion, though:
the title shows on the tabs as only "Reference". It would be
nice to have it say "stdlib 36 Reference".

Since the last debate on a Lua ecosystem, things have been moving!