On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Brett Taylor <brettayl@gmail.com> wrote:

> is there any Lua library/module that would allow me to have two directory
> listings side-by-side (just like in old-style two-pane file managers, e.g.
> Norton Commander)?
> Any piece of code would be very useful, even if it did not have the file
> managing functions (copy, rename, delete, etc) implemented, as I can add
> them later.
>
> What I need most is a working two-pane layout for the file directories,
> possibly with file selection capability.
>
> I would greatly appreciate if you could point me to some Lua project that
> has already implemented a (two-pane) setup similar to the one described
> above, even if not for the purposes of file management, so that I don't have
> to start from scratch. I would just make the required modifications to fit
> my needs.

Perhaps usable if your project is limited to Windows support. Not a
Lua project, but a point-and-shoot file manager (what they were called
before Peter Norton wrote one) that is extensible with Lua.
<http://www.farmanager.com/>. C++ sources for the Unicode-compatible
version 2.0 are available under the BSD license, along with many
scripts and plugin sources.
<http://www.farmanager.com/opensource.php?l=en>. I use Far on my
Windows box when 7-Zip isn't equal to the task. It's quite powerful.
And what's not to like about Lua extensibility?

Best regards,

Paul

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]