Not to be too blunt but why don't you just use Basic itself?

On 14 January 2014 13:09, <colinz@gmx.com> wrote:
On 2014-01-14 13:55, steve donovan wrote:

Lua is flexible in that way.  Operations on strings are 'metamethods'
and they can be overrided:

smt = debug.getmetatable("")
smt.__add = function(x,y) return x..y end
= "one" + "two"
onetwo

Very interesting.
However, since I would not be able to make these modifications by myself (being a newbie) I have to ask: is there any library/module that has already implemented such customizations? I am sure I am not the only one who would rather have + for concatenation instead of ..
Of course, my question is general, not limited to concatenation.