On 2014-01-14 12:47, Volodymyr Bezobiuk wrote:

  The other side is that BASICs are usually very powered-up by graphics
and audio and other stuff you may want. No bother with any 3rd party
libraries and so on.

This is exactly the reason why like(d) BASIC. Your life is not complicated by external modules, wrappers and so on. Everything is there in one package, and ready to use.

But now I want move on to Lua, I have decided Only, I am a bit confused by all those modules and libraries out there. Especially by the fact that there is no official library or collection of libraries.

Also, Lua uses some unintuitive punctuation marks as operators (e.g. .. for string concatenation), which impair radability (at least from a newbie's perspective). I really liked more BASIC syntax because everything tends to be intuitive.

By the way, is it possible to define some aliases for operators or other syntactic elements? As in the case of .. for concatenation, would it be possible for a programmer to 'rename' it (without changing the source, of course)? I know you can already do this for function names, by assigning them to a variable and using that variable name as the function name, but what about other parts of syntax?
It would really help.

Thanks
This would