2014/1/14  <colinz@gmx.com>:

> However, since I would not be able to make these modifications by myself
> (being a newbie) I have to ask: is there any library/module that has already
> implemented such customizations?

If you do not like Lua's syntax, and Lua does not have the built-in
libraries you seek, what is your reason for wanting to use Lua?

> I am sure I am not the only one who would rather have + for concatenation
> instead of ..
> Of course, my question is general, not limited to concatenation.

Oh, the following is already legal Lua. Try it.

print ('100' + '200')

That is one of the reasons why making 'aaa'+'bbb' mean 'aaabbb' is
not so easy, even if you use advanced techniques.