On 09/01/2014 00:40, Jonas Thiem wrote:
Since there is now a working goto in Lua, I suppose there is no longer
any technical reason why there is no continue.

In case that's true, I would like to point out that goto as a
continue-replacement isn't very nice:

It needs twice the lines (goto statement + label), and you need to
make up a unique jump label per loop if you got multiple loops in a
function with such a continue workaround.

Also, you can easily mix up your jump labels and suddenly jump into
one of the other loops and generate non-obvious, huge bugs with that.

What about natively supporting continue in an upcoming Lua version? I
would be using it a lot, I do in all other programming languages which
usually have it.

Yes, I really would like to have continue in Lua. When you have the break statement, you also expect to have continue. It's very weird to have only one of them.

Also, I don't think goto *is* the solution.

Regards,