On 09/01/2014 01:28, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
What about natively supporting continue in an upcoming Lua version?
This has been exhaustively discussed here in the past and these discussions
have led to goto as a more general alternative. See the archives:
	http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/

I appreciate that you are relatively new here, but I don't think we want to
go through all that again.

I personally think that if there is break statement but *not* continue users will still complain in the next few years. If Lua didn't have break we probably never asked for continue since the keywords are usually paired. It's really unusual to have one and not the opposite :-).

It's like having true and not false.

Cheers,