On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 16:37:57 +0400
Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will not further comment on the Russian laws or whole homophobia
> business, this is off-topic here. Interested parties may always
> contact me off-list.

Offtopic? Really?

Last I looked, Lua is the topic of this list. Last I looked, this
thread is about the Lua workshop being on Moscow, with the idea of Lua
people coming to the Lua workshop. That puts the Russian ban on
"distribution of propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations among
minors", which some believe could include saying you're gay, squarely
on topic. Just like if it were held in Florida, USA, discussion of the
Stand Your Ground Law and the US Healthcare mess (which would be bad if
you got sick here), would be on topic.

I know every country has its problems. No country's perfect. But
you can't simply declare offtopic a risk certain people incur just by
attending a Lua convention in Moscow.

Thanks,

SteveT