On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Justin Cormack
> <justin@specialbusservice.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Have long wanted to visit Russia but never made it. I see that
>> visitors from Brazil do not need visas which is useful
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Russia but it does seem
>> like it might be complicated for some people, and it would be helpful
>> to get invitations well in advance to sort this out...
>
> Yes, getting visas will be an issue, and Workshop attendees from
> countries that Russia requires to have visas to enter, should expect
> to spend some time and effort getting them. Unfortunately.

...But I can't say that getting Shengen visa or US visa for a Russian
citizen is an effortless process :-) So we're more or less equal.

BTW, if the Workshop is to be held in Moscow, I advice attendees to
allocate a bit time before or after it to do some tourism. For
example, besides many interesting places in Moscow, one can visit St.
Petersburg (4 hours on express train, there is more economical
overnight train as well), and, especially if weather would be nice
enough, Peterhof palace: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterhof_Palace.

Alexander.