On 16/12/2013 2:14 AM, Andy Colson wrote:
To make matters more complicated, my app is written in Delphi.  But I
should be able to translate from C to Delphi pretty easy (if I could
understand how the C works).

divz exceptions are unmasked. Check the FPU control word.

I'm pretty sure that the standard Delphi environment is to unmask divz. Certainly this was the case with Borland C++ Builder / VCL.

MSVC runtime definitely masks divz by default.

Further: loading and unloading DLLs can lead to a change in the FPU control register if the runtime used by the DLL does something on load/unload (I've seen this when showing a print dialog for example).

Your best bet is to re-mask divz at any time of risk.

Ross.