It was thus said that the Great Rob Kendrick once stated:
> On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 01:23:20PM -0800, William Ahern wrote:
> > >
> > > Agreed. It's certainly not part of the common kit on Windows. And if
> > > preprocessing is needed, then a little Lua script would be all that's
> > > needed!
> >
> > That's a bootstrapping problem. Now you have to build twice. Also, POSIX
> > make doesn't come with Windows, either, which is what the makefiles are
> > written in.
>
> Windows doesn't come with a C compiler either.  So the user has to
> install something extra something regardless :)

  There's always TCC [1].  Granted, you need a C compiler to initially
compile it, but I can't see why a Windows distribution of Lua can't include
it.  I've used it to compile Lua, and in fact, I have two Lua modules [2][3]
built around it (one is the basic interface to TCC, the other one allows you
to load Lua modules written in C to be loaded as source code).

  Heck, I could be talked into changing the license if someone (say,
LuaRocks?) would like to use it ...

  -spc (Just saying ... )

[1]	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_C_Compiler

[2]	https://github.com/spc476/lua-conmanorg/blob/master/src/tcc.c