On 12/05/2013 01:23 AM, Jerome Vuarand wrote:
2013/12/3 Thomas Jericke <tjericke@indel.ch>:
now and then.
Are we really asking for Lua to drop one of its core features (the
extremely modest dependency on ANSI C and nothing more) for a corner
case useful "now and then" or for very few people like the OP?

No, I don't.
And if you read my post again you will see that I ask for a compiler define that can be used to switch Lua to C99 type definition. The default would be the same as now. It might be useful for those who have a C99 compiler at hand but don't want to patch the Lua source themselves. For me it doesn't matter I patch my Lua source the way I want it, and try to not change the language for the end user at the same time.
--
Thomas